News» Go to news main
Request for Nominations: PhD Defence Chair Panel
The PhD Defence Chair Panel is made up of faculty members committed to ensuring that all PhD Defences proceed according to established regulations and conventions set out by the Faculty of Graduate Studies at Dalhousie University.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies is seeking the help of the Department Heads, Chairs and Directors to help us identify faculty members who are interested in participating in the PhD Defence process.
A commitment to serve on the PhD Defence Chair Panel will likely be no more than 2 – 3 defences per year. On-going support is provided, as it is important that each nominee feels confident in acting as the Faculty of Graduate Studies representative for the PhD Defence they are assigned.
Nominees should be full professors or associate professors with experience of PhD supervision and examination. They should be interested in participating in the PhD Defence Chair Panel and willing to provide their own unique insight and knowledge.
We are asking that you forward the name of interested and qualified individuals to Thesis@Dal.ca and a Faculty of Graduate Studies team member will follow up with that individual.
Questions: If you have any questions about your nomination, please contact: Helena Martel, Senior Thesis Clerk, at 902 494-6726
Thank you for your interest and efforts in assisting us with this task. Your participation in identifying qualified faculty members for this important role is greatly appreciated.
- Staffing Announcement
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- Nova Scotia Black and First Nations Students Graduate Entrance Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement
- Contribute to the development of a Post‑Secondary Standard for Psychological Safety
- International Youth Internship Program ‑ Applications now open!
- Call for Papers: E3 Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate Funding Payment (GFP) Project Update