News» Go to news main
Trudeau Doctoral Scholarship
The Trudeau Doctoral Scholarship program is a highly competitive and rewarding mentorship & training opportunity targeting PhD students in their first 3 years of study who have an extensive record of community engagement, leadership experience, and a record of engaging with the public to share knowledge and generate impact.
Eligibility is limited to the humanities and social sciences, with the foundation often looking for candidates who are audacious, original, and forward-thinking in their research topic and/or approach.
Applications must be submitted through the Trudeau Foundations web portal, which requires applicants to register in advance. If you intend to apply for this scholarship, you are strongly encouraged to request an account through their system in December.
The internal deadline at Dalhousie for submission is January 16th, 2019. FGS will initiate the review process of completed applications from the web portal following this date, selecting at most 4 applicants for nomination to the Foundation. Those applicants will be contacted and provided with feedback on their application in late January, with the expectation that they will coordinate with FGS to make any required changes and re-upload their final application by mid-February.
- We're hiring a student social media assistant ‑ apply by September 23
- Grad student profile: Maria Soto, PhD in Biology
- Grad student profile: Lina Garcia Suarez, PhD in Oceanography
- Share your Dal Experience and Earn Money
- Changes to International Differential Fees and Tuition for PhD Students
- Admission Drop In Sessions
- Admissions Workshops
- July ‑ GFP Drop In Sessions