News» Go to news main
2019 W. Garfield Weston Graduate Fellowship Program
WCS Canada is pleased to announce that the application deadline for 2019 W. Garfield Weston Fellowship Program is February 20th, 2019. For full details about the Fellowship Program and how to apply please go to our Fellowship page or download the application guidelines.
WCS Canada has supported 74 Fellowships since the W. Garfield Weston Fellowship Program was established in 2009. With grants ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 research projects have received support for expenses ranging from helicopter flight time to genetic analyses. WCS Canada is pleased to continue its support of field based conservation research in its Northern Landscapes in Canada – Ontario’s Northern Boreal Forest and the Northern Boreal Mountains of Yukon and British Columbia.
The Fellowship program is intended to:
- Support research that is relevant to WCS Canada’s conservation objectives at our two long-term sites in the boreal region of Northern Ontario, and the Northern Boreal Mountains of Yukon and British Columbia. Research that takes place outside of these sites, but that generates relevant conservation information may also be eligible.
- Provide all or partial funding for graduate-level, field research activities for students to carry out their thesis-related research. Fellowship awards are not intended to support student stipends; however, stipends and salaries for field assistants are eligible.
Fellowship awards are available for project activities beginning on or after April 1 of award year.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the Fellowship program or eligibility.
- Share your Dal Experience and Earn Money
- Changes to International Differential Fees and Tuition for PhD Students
- Admission Drop In Sessions
- Admissions Workshops
- July ‑ GFP Drop In Sessions
- GFP Ongoing Support Drop In Sessions
- Call for Nominations: Chair of the FGS Academic Appeals Committee
- Graduate Funding Payment and Student Funding inquiries