News» Go to news main
Call for Nominations: FGS Distinguished Service Awards
Nominations are solicited for the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ Distinguished Service Award. This award was established by Faculty Council in order to recognize long-standing and extraordinary service to graduate level education at Dalhousie.
Nominees should have made a contribution to the faculty and the administration of its graduate programs that is both substantive and long-standing. Although service to graduate students is of course part of this, the award is not intended to reward excellence in teaching or research, for which other forms of recognition already exist. Nominations are encouraged for members of the departmental administrative staff, graduate coordinators, FGS committee members, etc. Two awards are given, one to a faculty member and one to a support staff member. Nominations may be made by Faculty Members, Administrative Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows, or by Students, and should be sent through the Chair, Head or Director of the nominee’s home unit, to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies, with a copy to the Dean of the nominee’s home faculty.
For more information please see the Call for Nominations.
- Reappointment of Dr. Eileen Denovan‑Wright
- Nominations for Chair of FGS Faculty Council
- Updated List: Conversion Exempt Chinese Universities
- International Policy Ideas Challenge 2018
- Writing Week for Graduate Students
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- DAGS Election
- Call for Nominations: FGS Distinguished Service Awards