News» Go to news main
Call for Nominations: FGS Distinguished Service Awards
Nominations are solicited for the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ Distinguished Service Award. This award was established by Faculty Council in order to recognize long-standing and extraordinary service to graduate level education at Dalhousie.
Nominees should have made a contribution to the faculty and the administration of its graduate programs that is both substantive and long-standing. Although service to graduate students is of course part of this, the award is not intended to reward excellence in teaching or research, for which other forms of recognition already exist. Nominations are encouraged for members of the departmental administrative staff, graduate coordinators, FGS committee members, etc. Two awards are given, one to a faculty member and one to a support staff member. Nominations may be made by Faculty Members, Administrative Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows, or by Students, and should be sent through the Chair, Head or Director of the nominee’s home unit, to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies, with a copy to the Dean of the nominee’s home faculty.
For more information please see the Call for Nominations.
- Staffing Announcement
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- Nova Scotia Black and First Nations Students Graduate Entrance Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement
- Contribute to the development of a Post‑Secondary Standard for Psychological Safety
- International Youth Internship Program ‑ Applications now open!
- Call for Papers: E3 Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate Funding Payment (GFP) Project Update