News» Go to news main
United Nations Association in Canada ‑ Call for Applications (IDDIP)
IDDIP’s disciplined work-integrated learning opportunities provide successful applicants, known as Junior Professional Consultants (JPCs), with invaluable, demanding, deeply meaningful work experience, as well as a proven bridge to employment. The Programme also provides professional development training & support including: job readiness, professional resume preparation; access to our exclusive mentorship programme before, during and after their deployments. Now in its 22nd year of investing in talented young Canadians, IDDIP is proud to continue sending Canada’s best and brightest graduates and young professionals to UN and other international Agencies around the world on six-month internships.
To apply, and for more information about UNA-Canada and IDDIP, please visit our website http://unac.org/ and follow the directions to the IDDIP webpage.
- Proudly funded by Global Affairs through the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy, UNA-Canada’s JPCs will receive financial support to offset the cost of living and flights during their six-month internship;
- The application deadline is Sunday, April 15th, at 11:59pm EST;
- Successful applicants must participate in IDDIP’s five-day pre-departure session in Ottawa (around the week of August 13, 2018), and then depart for the respective UN internships, from Ottawa, immediately after the training;
- Successful applicants must participate in IDDIP’s two-day re-integration session in Ottawa immediately after the completion of their UN internship;
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident legally entitled to work in Canada between the ages of 19 and 30 at the time of final selection (mid May);
- Must not have participated previously in the Government of Canada’s International Youth Internship Programme;
- 95% of our JPCs find meaningful work in their field, or return to advanced studies, within four months of completing their internship – acting as a proven bridge to employment;
- Internships are six-months in length with Agencies such as: UNDP, IOM, UNODC, UNICEF, UNGEI, UN Women, UNHCR;
- IDDIP’s internship opportunities are available to graduates of a post-secondary institution with a degree or diploma from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or Collège d’enseignement général et professional (Cégep).
Please follow us on twitter @UNACanada for regular updates about the programme, as well as our Instagram @UNAC_IDDIP to see some of the remarkable locations our JPCs work in. Please also feel free to use the hashtags #LeadersToday and #LeaderAujourdhui and #IYIP.
- International Youth Internship Program ‑ Applications now open!
- Call for Papers: E3 Graduate Student Symposium
- Graduate Funding Payment (GFP) Project Update
- Three Minute Thesis ‑ Judges Needed
- NSHRF ‑ Scotia Scholar Award
- David Suzuki Fellowship
- DSU Health and Dental Plan Opt In
- Staffing Announcement