News» Go to news main
FGS Distinguished Service Awards
Nominations are solicited for the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ Distinguished Service Award. This award was established by Faculty Council in order to recognize long-standing and extraordinary service to graduate level education at Dalhousie.
Nominees should have made a contribution to the faculty and the administration of its graduate programs that is both substantive and long-standing. Although service to graduate students is of course part of this, the award is not intended to reward excellence in teaching or research, for which other forms of recognition already exist. Nominations are encouraged for members of the departmental administrative staff, graduate coordinators, FGS committee members, etc. Two awards are given, one to a faculty member and one to a support staff member. Nominations may be made by Faculty Members, Administrative Staff, or by Students, and should be sent through the Chair, Head or Director of the nominee’s home unit, to the Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies, with a copy to the Dean of the nominee’s home faculty.
For more information please see the Call for Nominations.
- Stay Connected Mental Health Project: Peer Support Program
- Celebrating 50 years of Killam Laureates at Dalhousie
- SWAAC Graduate Student Award of Merit
- DAGS: Mental Health Awareness week
- 2018 Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships at Harvard University
- DAGS: Graduate Student Mental Health Awareness Week
- The OZ Optics Limited Graduate Scholarship
- NSIS Student Writing Competition 2018