News» Go to news main
Changes to NSERC, SSHRC, and CIHR Parental Leave
This message is to inform you of an upcoming change to the policy regarding paid parental leave for holders of training awards governed by the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide.
Working collaboratively, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) have sought to improve access to paid parental leave for award holders and reduce administrative burden.
As a result, effective April 1, 2017, award holders requesting paid parental leave will no longer need to confirm that they are not eligible for other paid parental leave benefits to be eligible for agency paid parental leave. The following lines of the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide in the Interruption of Award section will be deleted:
Award holders must confirm that they are not eligible for other paid parental leave benefits during the six-month parental leave paid by the agency.
Correspondingly, the checkbox for the award holder that states “I am not entitled to other paid parental benefits” will be deleted in the Request for Deferment of Start Date or Interruption of Award Form.
For any question regarding this change, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Celebrating 50 years of Killam Laureates at Dalhousie
- SWAAC Graduate Student Award of Merit
- DAGS: Mental Health Awareness week
- 2018 Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships at Harvard University
- DAGS: Graduate Student Mental Health Awareness Week
- The OZ Optics Limited Graduate Scholarship
- NSIS Student Writing Competition 2018
- Mitacs Funding for Collaborative International Research