News» Go to news main
Opportunity for students to train in Taiwan
NSERC is pleased to announce the updated eligibility criteria for the Foreign Study Supplements in Taiwan Program (formerly known as the Summer Program in Taiwan). The new criteria are more inclusive and allow more students to be eligible to apply to this program.
To be eligible to apply:
- you must hold an active NSERC postgraduate scholarship (PGS), Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) or Vanier CGS; OR
- your academic supervisor must hold an active NSERC Discovery Grant, Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) Grant or Strategic Partnership Grant; and
- you must be pursuing studies in natural sciences and/or engineering.
New deadline to apply: March 1, 2017
The Foreign Study Supplements in Taiwan provide Canadian graduate students with first-hand research experience in an international setting. The primary goals of the program are to introduce students to science and engineering in Taiwan through of a research laboratory environment, and to develop personal relationships that will improve collaboration with their foreign counterparts in the future. Successful students are provided with support to travel to Taiwan in June, then receive one week of orientation in a group setting followed by seven weeks working directly with Taiwanese researchers on projects related to their research studies in Canada.
Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. For additional information, consult the NSERC website: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/Taiwan-Taiwan_eng.asp
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OERA Student Research Travel Program
- Vanier Graduate Scholarship Internal Deadline Extended
- RBC Foundation Visiting Fellowships 2018
- Foreign Government Awards ‑ Mexico
- Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NSERC Scholarship Information Session
- Tri‑Council Master's Awards Deadline
- 2018 Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships