News» Go to news main
Notice of Award Funding in Patient‑Oriented Research
MSSU Student Awards
These awards are designed for individuals wishing to pursue patient-oriented health research training in Masters, Doctoral, Post Doctoral or Medical School programs in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. All faculties and/or departments are eligible, not just those traditionally related to health sciences.
Research support must be patient-oriented (research considering patient interests and needs - the minimum unit of analysis is the patient). Research may be in the areas of biomedical science, health services and system research, or research in the cultural, social and environmental determinants of population health. Studies that provide information to help people make informed healthcare decisions are also relevant.
The student must be under the supervision of at least one researcher (Supervisor) who has an academic appointment at a university or health care institution in the Maritimes.
Details and the online application form are available on the MSSU (Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit) website.
- Celebrating 50 years of Killam Laureates at Dalhousie
- SWAAC Graduate Student Award of Merit
- DAGS: Mental Health Awareness week
- 2018 Frank Knox Memorial Fellowships at Harvard University
- DAGS: Graduate Student Mental Health Awareness Week
- The OZ Optics Limited Graduate Scholarship
- NSIS Student Writing Competition 2018
- Mitacs Funding for Collaborative International Research