News» Go to news main
Postdoctoral Fellow Research Day
On October 10 2014, the Dalhousie Postdoctoral Society and the Faculty of Graduate Studies hosted Research Day in the Atrium of the LSRI building. Postdoctoral fellows gathered in the morning for 3 minute oral presentations, as well as a poster session. Dr. Laurence Madera from the Department of Microbiology and Immunology won the People’s Choice Award for Best 3 Minute oral presentation. Congratulations, Dr, Madera!
For the afternoon portion of Postdoctoral Fellow Research Day, Dr. Paula Stephan of Georgia State University delivered the keynote address entitled “The economics of the postdoctoral position”.
A panel discussion followed Dr. Stephan’s keynote address. The panel topic was, “Navigating Career Opportunities for Postdoctoral Fellows: Changes in the Research Landscape.” Panel members included Paula Stephan, Professor of Economics, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University and Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research; Patrick McGrath, Integrated Vice President Research and Innovation, Capital District Health Authority and IWK Health Centre; Marianne Stanford, Director of Research, Immunovaccine, Adjunct Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Founding Chair, Canadian Association of Postdoctoral Scholars (CAPS); Brennan Gillis, Director of Business Development MITACS, NS; and Ying K Tam, President and CEO of Mindful Scientific.
- FGS notice: PASS/ILL grading options for graduate students
- FGS notice: Supporting grad students' mental health
- Message from the Dean: Mental health supports
- We're hiring a student social media assistant ‑ apply by September 23
- Grad student profile: Maria Soto, PhD in Biology
- Grad student profile: Lina Garcia Suarez, PhD in Oceanography
- Share your Dal Experience and Earn Money
- Changes to International Differential Fees and Tuition for PhD Students