Dal GradPD: LinkedIn for Academics
This event is offered by the Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL). Register by creating or logging in to your CIRTL account.
You have a LinkedIn account and the basics set up; now what? Wait for people to find you? No. “Networking” is an active process that takes time and planning. After attending this workshop, you will understand:
- Why LinkedIn is used for the recruitment and vetting of candidates
- The importance of skills and keywords and how they are essential to your LinkedIn profile
- How to reach out to an individual on LinkedIn
- Begin to appreciate the many ways to use LinkedIn for networking and job-seeking
- How faculty/academia can use LinkedIn for networking.