Dalhousie Postdoctoral Research Day
All Postdocs are kindly invited to participate in this event and to present their research in a 3-minute thesis talk and/or as a poster.
Late-stage PhD students, Postdoc Supervisors and other interested people of the Dalhousie community are also very welcome to attend the Research Day.
If you would like to support us in the preparation of the event or during the Research Day itself, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support is much appreciated.
For instance, we could need someone with a camera to take pictures during the event!
Great Hall of the Dalhousie University Club
8:30 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:10 Welcome and opening remarks
9:10 – 10:15 3-minute postdoc research talks
- 13 oral presentations (3+2 min each)
10:15 – 10:35 Coffee/Snack Break and Poster Viewing
10:35 – 11:20 Invited speaker presentations
- Dr Tamara Franklin, Dept of Psychology and Neuroscience, Faculty of Science
- Dr Emmanuel Devred, Bedford Institute of Oceanography
- Dr Fernando G. Peña Silva, Nova Scotia Power
11:20 – 11:40 Dalhousie resource information session; Short 5-minute intro from the speakers on their areas of expertise
- Betsy Keating, Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT)
- Terrilyn Chiasson, Professional Research and Education Program (PREP)
- Roger Gillis/Lachlan MacLeod, Copyright Services
- Anne Spence, MITACS
11:40 – 12:40 Lunch and Poster Viewing
- Vote for your favorite poster
12:40 – 1:50 Group Sessions with the experts Attendees will group into 7 tables. Each of the invited speakers (7) will spend 10 minutes with each group before rotating to the next table.
1:50 – 2:00 Closing Remarks/Awards
For registration, please fill the registration form.Dalhousie Postdoctoral Research Day