PDF/A Creation with Microsoft Word
Overview & Requirements
Recent versions of Microsoft Office are able to export a Word file as a PDF/A directly, without the need for an additional authoring program like Adobe Acrobat. These instructions were written with Microsoft Word 2013 in mind, but the procedure for Word 2010 is similar.
Converting to PDF/A
- Click the main "File" heading in the ribbon toolbar
- Click "Export"
- Select "Create PDF/XPS Document"
- Click the "Create PDF/XPS" button as shown below
- Enter the file name for your thesis (see guidelines on the previous page)
- Click the "Options" button as shown below
- Ensure the checkbox next to "ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)" is checked as shown below
- Click the "OK" button
- Click the "Publish" button to generate your file