Irving Oil Scholarship
2019/2020 Irving Oil Scholarship
It is our pleasure to announce the opening of the 2019/2020 Irving Oil Scholarship competition.
Application deadline: Friday, March 1st, 2019
This scholarship has been established through the generosity of Irving Oil, an international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships. Named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for 2018, Irving Oil operates Canada’s largest refinery in Saint John, New Brunswick, as well as Ireland’s only refinery, located at Whitegate. With over 900 fueling locations, 11 distribution terminals, and a delivery fleet of tractor-trailers, Irving Oil serves customers in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, and New England. Irving Oil has been a longtime supporter of Dalhousie Engineering and an important employer of co-op students and new graduates alike.
Students selected for the award will be awarded a $7,500 scholarship for the 2019/2020 academic year (with a renewal for a second year if academic standards are maintained).
Scholarship holders will also be offered at least one co-op term placement at Irving Oil.
The 2019/2020 Irving Oil Scholarship is open to all students who:
- are either, a second year Engineering Student at Dalhousie or at one of the associated Universities (Acadia, Dalhousie Faculty of Agriculture, CBU, St. FX, St Mary’s) who will be completing their diploma requirements by April 30 and will be entering their Third-Year program at Dalhousie in the Fall of the next academic year, or a current Dalhousie Third-Year student who began their Third-Year program in the Fall of the current academic year at the time of application.
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
Eligible students who wish to apply must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line "Irving Oil Scholarship Application," with the following attachments:
- a personal essay demonstrating their knowledge of and interest in the energy industry.
- a copy of their CV/resume.
- a copy of their transcript (Associate University Students only)
Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Friday, March 1st, 2019.
Applicants’ CV’s/Resumes’ and GPA will be shared with members of the Irving Oil team.
Applicants will need to be available to be interviewed by an Irving Oil representative after the end of the Winter term.