How to Apply
- Explore our graduate programs and select which graduate degree you wish to pursue—M.Eng., M.A.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D.
- Consult your program's specific admission requirements and deadlines.
- Consider how you will fund your program. Graduate students are expected to secure funding for their entire course of study. There are a variety of funding options that you may be eligible to apply for. More about Graduate funding
- Ready to apply? Apply online by clicking on Apply Now on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
- Pay the $115 application fee—this must be done at the time of your application. How can I pay this?
- Send all required documents to the Faculty of Engineering Graduate Studies Admissions Office (mailing address and contact information below).
Supporting documents checklist
- Two Official Transcripts to Engineering Graduate Admissions Office.
- Two Confidential Letters of Reference. See the Faculty of Graduate Studies website for more information on the Electronic Reference (e-ref) system.
- Personal Statement
- C.V. (Resume)
- English Language Competency- applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate they meet the minimum standards for English Language Competency before admission. What's this?
- Proof of financial support.
- Other supporting documents may be required depending on program.
- Be sure that all of your documents arrive before the application deadline. Applications will not be reviewed until all documents have been received.
- Once accepted, students must confirm or decline the offer of admission by emailing the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Supporting Documents MUST be sent to:
Faculty of Engineering
Graduate Admissions Office
5217 Morris Street, 4th Floor
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
If sending by courier, please note the following contact:
Please note: Internetworking and Biomedical Engineering administer their graduate admissions directly. Students interested in either of these areas of study should contact the respective program coordinator for relevant deadlines and procedures.