News» Go to news main
Industrial Engineering Students place 1st in International Case Competition
This year grad team from Industriral Engineering won first place in the Logistics and Supply Chain Division student case competition of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers.
Memebers of the winnign team, Rootinkumar Satani, Sagar Kumar Patel and Revanth Vinay Kodli were presented their awards on May 24th at the annual conference (in virtual format this year).
Professor Uday Venkatadri is proud of the group from his supply chain class and shares "I am so proud of them! They were in India during the pandemic, and I don’t think they had even met each other. Yet they came together and submitted a stunning class project in my course that not only impressed me but also made me think they had a chance in the competition."
They proved Professir Venkatadri right and made the faculty proud when thier first place postition in the case competition was announced.
This group's accomplishments makes this the 5th year that the Fauclty of Engineering has won prizes at this international competition.
- 2020: 3rd Place Dalhousie University: Hozefa Ajmerwala and Jay Patel
- 2020: 3rd Place (tie) Dalhousie University: Brian Budd, Allan Cox, Ethan O’Neil, Keegan Sheffield and Tara Sherrard
- 2019: 1st place Dalhousie University: Luana Souza Almeida, Eric Bertrand and Rafael Lucas Costa Souza
- 2018: 1st place Dalhousie University: Kevin Weinreich, Kelsey Foster, Angela Bentley, Zoe Deveau and Tyler McDowell
- 2017: 1st place Dalhousie University: Emma MacKay, Logan Baillie, Greg Lindsay and Kyle Gillan
- Three Engineering PhD Students Among 2020‑2021 Winners of the Vanier Scholarship
- Dean John Newhook Receives Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellowship
- Belong Speaker Series: Breaking Barriers
- Grad Profile: Designing Systems with Diversity and Empathy
- Industrial Engineering Annual Awards Ceremony
- GRAD PROFILE: REFLECTING ON THE PAST AND THINKING OF THE QUANTUM FUTURE
- ideaHUB Staff Announcment
- Event Recap: Engineers Contributions to Healthcare