News» Go to news main
Faculty of Engineering Expands Along With Sexton Campus
As the IDEA Project expands our Sexton Campus facilities, the Faculty of Engineering is expanding in turn, as we welcome new faculty members, including Dr. Floris Goerlandt, Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering.
Dr. Goerlandt’s research also has a marine focus. He received his doctorate from Aalto University (Finland) in 2015, after which he held positions as postdoctoral fellow at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium), university lecturer at Aalto University (Finland), and senior researcher at the Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission (HELCOM, Finland).
His research interests cover several aspects of applied risk management for marine industries, authorities, and associated stakeholders. Current projects focus on analysis and modeling of risks to coastal communities due to shipping disruptions caused by major natural hazards, oil spill risk assessment and management, and development of decision support tools for tactical and strategic oil spill response. In addition, he performs research on fundamental issues in risk analysis and management, including uncertainty assessment and risk model validation.
The Faculty of Engineering also welcomes Scott Bishop as an Instructor for the Undergraduate Studies program, and Dr. Vincent Sieben as Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Sexton Research Chair in Ocean Sensing.
You can learn more about Dr. Goerlandt at his faculty profile page.
You can learn more about Dr. Sieben’s work as Sexton Research Chair in Underwater Sensing at his research chair profile page.
- Engineering researchers utilize expertise in COVID‑19 pandemic
- Engineering student eager to build community spirit amid COVID‑19 Pandemic
- Women in Engineering Society Honoured for Remarkable Year
- Shields up: Dal labs collaborate on 3D‑printed face shield for health‑care workers
- Engineering Student Receives Tyler Lewis Clean Energy Research Foundation Award
- Important Notice Regarding Iron Ring 2020
- Celebrating the Achievements of Women in Engineering
- IDEA Speaker Series: Dr. Giovana Celli and Veronica Merryfield