Professor & Co-op Coordinator
Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Dalhousie University since 1993 (Technical University of Nova Scotia prior to amalgamation of TUNS and Dalhousie in 1997).
- Mechanics of solids
- Composite materials and reinforced engineering structures
- Smart materials and structures
- Nano-composites and smart composite structures - NSERC Discovery Grant
- Designer Software Download
Awards and memberships
- Awarded PhD in 1979 and Master degree in 1975 from the Moscow State University; and the D.Sc (Doctor of Sciences) degree from the Academy of Sciences of the USSR in 1990.
- Awarded the CANCAM Gold Medal for “the outstanding contribution in the area of Applied Mechanics” at the Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics (CANCAM-2011, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC).
- Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME (2002).
- Fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, CSME (2001).
- Member of a number of International Editorial and Advisory boards in the area of composite materials.
- Authored more than 300 research publications, including more than 130 papers in the refereed journals, 5 research monographs and 2 US patents.
- Reported research results at the numerous International Conferences and Seminars.
- Presented twenty invited keynote lectures at the top-ranked international conferences on composite materials and smart structures.
- During the past 15 years: developed and chaired or co-chaired 21 international conferences in the area of composites and smart structures.
- The grants and publications listed above is not a complete list.