- BSc in Mathematics (East China Normal University)
- MSc in Mathematics (Shanghai University)
- MASc in Industrial Engineering (Dalhousie University)
- PhD in Engineering Mathematics (Dalhousie University)
- Engineering Mathematics TA/Marker Coordinator
- USC Representative
- FCM Representative
Awards and Honours
- Professor Appreciation Award, honoured by DUES, Faculty of Engineering, 2018/2019
- Mentor elected for the 16th Annual Dalhousie Academic All-Canadian Luncheon, Dalhousie University, 2014
- Professor Appreciation Award, honoured by DUES, Faculty of Engineering, 2012/2013
- Professor Appreciation Award, honoured by DUES, Faculty of Engineering, 2010/2011
- Recognized Professor, honoured by DUES, Faculty of Engineering, 2008/2009
- ENGM2021: Applied Differential Equations
- ENGM2041: Applied Linear Algebra
- ENGM2062: Engineering Mathematics IVa
- ENGM3361: Engineering Mathematics IVc
- ENGM2022: Applied Differential Equations
- ENGM2101: Applied Vector Calculus
- ENGM2032: Applied Probability and Statistics
- MATH1290: Engineering Mathematics II
- INWK 6211: Mathematics for Internetworking
- MATH1000: Differential & Integral Calculus I
- MATH1010: Differential & Integral Calculus II
- MATH1110: Finite Mathematics for Commerce
- MATH2001: Intermediate Calculus I
- MATH2002: Intermediate Calculus II
- MAT207: Survey of Statistics
- MATH2208: Intro Probability & Statistics I
- MATH2209: Intro Probability & Statistics II
- Large networks
- Water hammer
- Queueing theory
E. Yao, G. Kember, and D. Hansen, (2016) “Water Hammer Analysis and Parameter Estimation in Polymer Pipes with Weak Strain-Rate Feedback”, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 142(8):04016052, 2016.
E. Yao, G. Kember, and D. Hansen, (2015) “Analysis of Water Hammer Attenuation in Applications with Varying Valve Closure Times”, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 141(1):04014107, 2015.
E. Yao, G. Kember, and D. Hansen, (2014) “Analysis of Water Hammer Attenuation in the Brunone Model of Unsteady Friction”, Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, 72(2):281–290, 2014.
Yao, Yue, (2005) “Scalability of a Class of Switch Networks”, Proc. of the Third Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference (CNSR 2005), Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Shi, Dinghua and Yao, Yue, (1998) “Availability analysis of a two-dissimilar-unit parallel redundant system with general distributions”, Proc. of the Sixth Symp. on Rel. Math., Taian, China.
Yao, Yue, (1996) “Batch Replacement of Recorders in Tabulation Management of Excel 5.0”, Computer Market, Jiefang Daily, Shanghai, China.
Yao, Yue, (1995) “Reliability analysis of two-unit series repairable system”, Math. Res., vol. 1-2, pp. 51-54.
Yao, Yue, (1995) “Analysis on the queue length of the Ek/G/1 queue with random N-policy”, Journal of Operations Research, vol. 13, pp. 45-46.
Yao, Yue and Shi, Dinghua, (1994) “The M/G/1 queue with random N-policy”, Communication on Appl. Math. & Computation, vol. 8, pp. 1-12.