Dr Claver Diallo, PEng
- Reliability and Availability Optimization
- Closed Loop Supply Chains Design and Management
- Maintenance Engineering and Management
- Remanufacturing and Sustainability
- BEng - Université Laval
- MASc - Université Laval
- PhD - Université Laval
Dr. Diallo's research interests are in Performance Optimization for Production and Service Systems. Specific areas of his research are Maintenance Engineering and Management, Reliability and Availability Engineering, Design and Optimization of Closed Loop Supply Chains, Design for Sustainability, and Remanufacturing.
Selected Awards and Honours
- Industrial Engineering Professor of the Year Award (2009, 2011, 2018)
Accreditations and Affiliations
- Engineers Nova-Scotia
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering (IISE)
- Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS)
- Imhotep's Legacy Academy (ILA)
Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications
- Khatab A, Diallo C., EH Aghezzaf, U Venkatadri (2019) Integrated production quality and condition-based maintenance optimisation for a stochastically deteriorating manufacturing system, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 57 (8), pp. 2480-2497. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1521021
- Lo H., Ghasemi A., Diallo C., Newhook J. (2019) Comparative study on logical analysis of data, artificial neural networks, and PHM for maintenance prognostics, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering. Vol. 25 (1) pp. 2-24. . https://doi.org/10.1108/JQME-07-2017-0051
- Nadeem M., T. Nguyen-Quang, Diallo C., U. Venkatadri, P. Havard (2019). Contribution to spraying nozzle study: a comparative investigation of imaging and simulation approaches. Pk. J. Agri. Sci. Vol. 56 (1): 215-224. https://www.pakjas.com.pk/papers/2947.
- Diallo C, Venkatadri U, Khatab A, Liu Z, Aghezzaf E-H. (2018) Optimal joint selective imperfect maintenance and multiple repairpersons assignment strategy for complex multicomponent systems, International Journal of Production Research. Accepted July 12, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1505060
- Diallo C, Venkatadri U., Khatab A, Liu Z. (2018) Optimal selective maintenance decisions for large serial k-out-of-n:G systems under imperfect maintenance, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 175C, pp. 234-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2018.03.023.
- Khatab A, Diallo C., U Venkatadri, Z Liu, EH Aghezzaf (2018) Optimization of the joint selective maintenance and repairperson assignment problem under imperfect maintenance, Computers & Industrial Engineering. Vol. 125, pp. 413-422. doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2018.09.012.
- Liu Z., Chen J., Diallo C. (2018), Optimal Production and Pricing Strategies for a Remanufacturing Firm, International Journal of Production Economics, Vol 204, 290-315. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2018.07.015
- Khatab A, Diallo C, EH Aghezzaf, U. Venkatadri (2018) Condition-based selective maintenance for stochastically degrading multi-component systems under periodic inspection and imperfect maintenance, The Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability, Vol 232 (4), 447-463, Available online at: https://doi.org/10.1177/1748006X18765521.
- M. Nadeem, Y.K. Chang, U. Venkatadri, Diallo C., P. Havard and T. Nguyen-Quang (2018) Water Quantification from Sprayer Nozzle by Using Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) Versus Imaging Processing Techniques, Pak. J. Agri. Sci., Vol. 55(1), 203-207.
- Omar R., Venkatadri U., Diallo C., Mrishih S. (2017) A Data Driven Approach to Estimate the Clearing Function for Multi-Product Production Network Planning Based on Mean-Value Analysis, International Journal of Production Research. Vol. 55 (23) pp. 7110-7134. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2017.1349952.
- Venkatadri U., Diallo C., Ghayebloo S. (2017). Reverse Logistics Network Design under Greenness, Reliability, and Refurbished Product Demand Considerations. International Journal of Automation and Logistics. Vol. 3 (1) pp. 33-54. http://dx.doi.org/10.1504/IJAL.2017.10005225
- Khatab A., Aghezzaf E.H., Diallo C., Djelloul I. (2017) Selective maintenance optimization for series-parallel systems alternating missions and scheduled breaks with stochastic durations. International Journal of Production Research. Vol. 55 (10), pp. 3008-3024. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2017.1290295
- Khatab A., Diallo C., Sidibe I. (2017). Optimal imperfect maintenance policy for second-hand products subjected to upgrade, Journal of Manufacturing Systems. Vol. 43 (1), pp. 58-78. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2017.02.005
- Sidibe I., Khatab A., Diallo C., A Kassambara (2017). Optimal age replacement policy for second-hand systems with random initial age operating under severe conditions, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 159 pp. 255-263. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2016.11.018
- Diallo C., Venkatadri U., Khatab A., Bhakthavatchalam S., (2017). State of the art review of quality, reliability, and maintenance issues in closed-loop supply chains with remanufacturing, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 55 (5), pp. 1277 - 1296. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2016.1200152
- Chari N., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., Khatab A., (2016). Modeling and analysis of a warranty policy using new and reconditioned parts. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry. Vol. 32 pp.539-553. Available online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/asmb.2178
- Beaton C., Diallo C., Gunn E. (2016). Makespan minimization for parallel machine scheduling of semi-resumable and non-resumable jobs with multiple availability constraints, INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, Vol. 54 (4) pp. 539-553. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03155986.2016.1166795
- Chari N., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., Ait-Kadi D. (2016). Production Planning in the Presence of Remanufactured Spare Components: An Application in the Airline Industry, in International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 87 pp. 957-968. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-016-8520-9
- Chari N., Venkatadri U., Diallo C., (2016). Design of a Reverse Logistics Network for Recyclable Collection in Nova Scotia using Compaction Trailers, INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, Vol. 54 (1) pp. 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03155986.2016.1149315
- Sidibe I., Khatab A., Diallo C., K. Adjallah (2016) Kernel estimator based maintenance optimization model for stochastically degrading systems under changing environments, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 147, pp. 109-116. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2015.11.001
- Gunn E., Diallo C. (2015). Shortest Path Method for Optimal Opportunistic Indirect Grouping of Preventive Replacements in Multicomponent Systems, Computers in Industrial Engineering. Vol. 90, pp. 281-291. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cie.2015.09.013
- Ghayebloo S., Tarokh M.J., Venkatadri U., Diallo C. (2015). Developing a Bi-Objective Model of the Closed-Loop Supply Chain Network with Green Supplier Selection and Disassembly of Products: The Impact of Parts Reliability and Product Greenness on the Recovery Network. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 36, pp. 76-86. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2015.02.011
- Lywood J., Robertson M., Leavitt S., Diallo C., Jamieson R. (2014). Development of a Linear Program to Optimize Sludge Management Planning in Nunavut – Canada. Journal of Cold Regions Engineering. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CR.1943-5495.0000084
- Diallo C., Ait-Kadi D., Venkatadri U. (2014). Reliability analysis and optimal mixture strategy for a lot composed of new and reconditioned systems. International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol. 10 (6), pp. 557-566.
- Hashemian N., Diallo C., Vizvari B. (2014). Makespan Minimization for Parallel Machines Scheduling with Multiple Availability Constraints, Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 213 (1), pp. 173-186. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10479-012-1059-8.
- Chari N., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., (2014). State of the Art on Performability across the Sustainable Value Chain. International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol. 10 (6), pp. 543-556.
- Ghayebloo S., M.J. Tarokh, M. Abedzadeha, Diallo C., (2013). Multi-level programming approach to a closed-loop supply chain network design. International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences, Vol. 4 (4), pp. 55-71.
- Chari N., Venkatadri U., Diallo C., (2013). Orbital Warehouse Design for an Extraterrestrial Supply-Chain Distribution Model. International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol. 9 (6), pp. 609-618.
- Chari N., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., (2013). Optimal unlimited free-replacement warranty strategy using reconditioned products. International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol. 9 (2), pp. 191-200.
- Diallo C., Aït-Kadi D., Chelbi A., (2012). A Review of Spare Parts Management Models for Multicomponent Repairable Systems, Frontiers in Science and Engineering, Vol. 2 (1)
- Diallo C., Aït-Kadi D., Chelbi A., (2008). (s,Q) Spare Parts Provisioning Strategy for Periodically Replaced Systems, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 57 (1), pp.134-139.
- Aït-Kadi D., Diallo C., Chelbi A., (2003). Spare parts identification and provisioning models, Journal of Decision Systems, vol. 12 (1), pp. 47-65.
- Diallo C., U. Venkatadri, A. Khatab, S. Bhakthavatchalam (2018) Optimizing combination warranty policies using remanufactured replacement products from the seller and buyer's perspectives in Operations Research and Enterprise Systems, ICORES 2017, Revised Selected Papers. Ed. Greg H. Parlier, Federico Liberatore and Marc Demange. Vol. 884 pp. 224-239. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94767-9_12
- Diallo C., Ait-Kadi D., Chelbi A., (2009). Integrated Spare Parts Management in Handbook of Maintenance Management and Engineering, Springer, pp.189-220. ISBN: 978-1-84882-471-3.
Conferences with Peer Review
- Kenza Chaabane, A. Khatab, E-H. Aghezzaf, Diallo C., U. Venkatadri (2018) Outsourcing selective maintenance problem in failure prone multi-component systems, INCOM 2018, 16th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing. 11-13 June 2018, Bergamo - Italy.
- Diallo C., Khatab A., Venkatadri U., Aghezzaf E.-H. (2017). A joint selective maintenance and multiple repair-person assignment problem. 7th IESM conference, Oct. 2017, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Khatab A., Diallo C., Aghezzaf E.-H., Venkatadri U. (2017). Optimizing the integrated economic production quantity for a stochastically deteriorating production system under condition-based maintenance. 7th IESM conference, Oct. 2017, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Bhakthavatchalam S., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., Khatab A. (2017). Optimal Combination Rebate Warranty Policy with Second-Hand Products. 6th International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2017), Feb. 24, 2017, Porto, Portugal.
- Omar R, Venkatadri U, Diallo C. (2016). Estimating the Clearing Function for a Multi-Product Production Network Based on Mean-Value Analysis. IFAC / IEEE / IFORS / IFIP / INFORMS MIM 2016 Conference, June 28-30, Troyes, France. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.07.836.
- Sidibe I., Khatab A., Diallo C., Ait-Kadi D. (2015). A maintenance optimization model for a second-hand stochastically deteriorating system under different operating environments, Proc. CEIT 2015.
- Bhakthavatchalam S., Diallo C., Venkatadri U., Khatab A. (2015). Quality, Reliability, Maintenance Issues in Closed-Loop Supply Chains: A Review, Proc. 2015 IFAC Symposium on Information Control in Manufacturing (INCOM 2015), May 11-13, 2015, Ottawa, Canada.
- Sidibe I., Khatab A., Diallo C. (2014). Maintenance optimization model for stochastically degrading systems under different operating environments, Proceedings CIE44 & IMSS’14, 14-16 October 2014, Istanbul – Turkey.
- Khatab A., Diallo C., Aït-Kadi, D., (2014). Joint Optimal Upgrade level and Imperfect Preventive Maintenance Strategy for Refreshed End-of-life Systems, Proceedings 8th International Conference on Modelling in Industrial Maintenance and Reliability (MIMAR), 10 - 12 July 2014, Oxford, UK.
- Chari N., Diallo C., Venkatadri C., Aït-Kadi D. (2013). Manufacturing Strategy using New and Reconditioned Rotable Spare Parts. 11th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing GCSM –CIRP, 23–25 September 2013, Berlin, Germany.
- Chari N., U. Venkatadri, Diallo C. (2012). Optimal Unlimited Free-Replacement Warranty Policy Using a Mixture of New and Reconditioned Components, 4th International Conference on Information Systems, Logistics and Supply Chain (ILS 2012), August 2012, Québec, Canada.
- Chari N., Diallo C., U. Venkatadri, D. Ait-Kadi (2012).EOL Warranty and Spare Parts Manufacturing Strategy using New and Reconditioned Parts, 54th Annual Conference of the Canadian Operational Research Society and the 10th International Conference on Multiple Objective Programming and Goal Programming (CORS/MOPGP 2012), June 2012, Niagara Falls, Canada. (Competition paper)
Underscored names are students or Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP).
- IENG-3344 Operations Research I: Linear Models
- IENG-4562 Maintenance Engineering & Management
- IENG-4443 Statistical Quality Control & Reliability
- IENG-4500 Operations Research Methods for Systems Engineering
- IENG-4575 Stochastic Processes & Queueing Theory
- IENG-4581X/Y: Project in Industry
- IENG-6912: Introduction to Operations Research (graduate course)
- IENG-6916 Stochastic Processes & Queueing (graduate course)