News» Go to news main
Let's walk, run, and bicycle to the McGill Faculty of Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry successfully applied for a 2021 Wellness Grant. Now our mission is to walk, run, and cycle to McGill’s Faculty of Dentistry – a mere 1250 km away – during April.
Our objective is to raise awareness for Oral Health Month and support the message of the HPI Oral Health is Health flagship project. Our HPI colleagues will join us in our efforts. We’ll all get fitter, too!
The grant money will be used to provide prizes to mark significant milestones and keep us all motivated.
How it works:
- Email Deanna Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know that you will be participating in the Get to McGill Wellness Challenge. She can send you a chart to record your kilometres, if you don't have one already.
- Find a buddy(ies) – or go it alone – and hit the road, path, trail, track, or treadmill/stationary bike. It all counts!
- Use your favourite activity tracker (Fitbit, Apple watch, Strava app) or track your route on Google maps to record the kilometres you walk, run, or cycle.
- At the end of each week, fill in your distances on the chart that Deanna has created. Send her your weekly totals each Friday, starting April 8, so that we can track progress toward our goal.
- As often as you can, take a photo of yourself and/or your group on your walk, run, or cycle ride and tag @DalDentistry on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Please use the hashtag #oralhealthishealth or #oralhealthmonth.
- If you have a personal distance target you’d like to hit, feel free to another hashtag, eg #100.
- There will be random draws for prizes along the way – so please keep going!
- Receive regular motivational messages and updates on our progress as a group.
- Enjoy getting fit in the great outdoors (or indoors)!
Please join us in this fun, motivational, and worthwhile project!
- Taking oral health to school
- 2022 Impact Award winner Heba Al‑Ameri
- Grad profile: Jennifer Johnson DDH'21
- Grad profile: Mohammad Alshateel DDS'21
- Grad profile: Gabriel Ogando DDH'21
- Grad profile: Micheline Jamael and Catherine Murphy (DDS'21)
- Dr. Ahmad Hussein: Green, clean, and community focused
- It's the tooth: We appreciate our dental assistants