News» Go to news main
Dr. Kathy Russell and colleagues receive 2012 Berkowitz Study Award
Dr. Kathy Russell of Dalhousie University’s Department of Dental Clinical Sciences, along with her colleagues on the Americleft project, has won the Berkowitz Study Award.
The Berkowitz Award is made to the authors of the best long-term outcomes study published in the Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal. Dr Russell and her colleagues won the award for a series of 5 papers they published on “The Americleft Study: An Inter-Center Study of Treatment Outcomes for Patients with Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate” (The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal volume 48 issue 3).
The Americleft study is an outcomes study of patients with repaired unilateral cleft lip and palate from five different North American cleft centres. The series of five papers compared the patient outcomes of the five centres using a variety of measures.
Congratulations to Dr. Russell!
- Debby Chao receives the Dr. David Precious Gold Medal in Dentistry
- Impact Award winner 2021: Rebecca Marr
- One year later: Faculty of Dentistry dean on change, compassion, and lessons learned from COVID‑19
- Let's walk, run, and bicycle to the McGill Faculty of Dentistry
- RIOH Student Presentations Showcase: And the winners are. . .
- The Research In Oral Health Student Presentations Showcase – the new Table Clinics
- Doris Marshall (DDS’56): The Faculty of Dentistry’s first Black student
- Providing a path into health‑care professionals for African Nova Scotian students