Whether you are a current Dalhousie student or an international student, Dalhousie and the Faculty of Computer Science offer many opportunities to add an international aspect to your studies.
Benefits of studying abroad:
- Gain a competitive edge. Enhance your employment prospects. International experience is highly valued by employers.
- Make friends and international professional connections
- Discover different approaches to learning
- Gain new perspectives on your studies and yourself
- Experience new cultures and learn new languages
“Spending time at another university can significantly broaden how you see some topics in your field…If you come from an English speaking background, you don’t tend to realize how important including internationalization, or at least the capacity for it, is in software until you really see people working around these kinds of problems regularly” - Adam Douglass, Dal BCS graduate on his exchange in Greece
“Now that I’ve taken the 2 + 2 program, I know what areas I’m interested in. I don’t think if I had stayed in China I would have been interested in the same areas...I was a little scared at first, but in the end, it was one of the best decisions I ever made." - Zhelun Wu, graduate of the joint program in Computer Science between Dalhousie and Zhejiang University of Technology, China