FCS Peer Mentorship Program for Female-Identifying Students
Wondering how you are going to navigate your first year of Computer Science?
Wonder no more.
Sign up for our Peer Mentorship Program, facilitated by the Faculty of Computer Science (FCS) and the Women in Technology Society (WiTS), aimed at supporting first year identifying students.
All female-identifying students who sign-up will receive a mentor that will help them navigate the FCS systems, resources, and community. Mentors and Mentees are matched based on shared experiences and objectives.
Benefits of having a Peer Mentor:
- Experience a sense of belonging, acceptance, and connection through your peers
- Build skills and strategies to help with student life; academic and social
- Opportunities for professional development
- Become familiar with FCS, Dalhousie and community resources available
Additionally, throughout the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 term, you will be invited to take part in the following peer mentorship and WiTS facilitated events:
- WiTS and Peer Mentorship information session
- Bi-weekly Peer Mentorship Meet-ups
- We Are All CS- Women in Technology Partner Day
- Professional Development Workshops
Have any questions? Send an email to Ashley Broadbent, Student Engagement Officer.