Bachelor of Computer Science
Value: $5000 with multiple awards each year
Program: Bachelor of Computer Science in the Faculty of Computer Science
Eligibility: Entrance directly from high school
The capacity to design and build great software is a key component in a computer science degree. This scholarship is a way for us to recognize students who have already begun to develop their software development skills.
- Written a game, app, or program?
- Competed in any programming competitions or hackathons?
- Blogged on events within the ICT industry?
- Taught someone else how to code?
This first year entrance scholarship is available for high school students with a passion for programming and software development.
Examples for demonstrating this passion might include:
- Development of your own software projects
- Contributions to software projects
- Participation in Hackathons
- Blogging on various topics in computer science and/or the ICT industry
- Teaching others how to code or use computers
- Participation in mathematic and programming competitions
- Attendance at conferences, symposiums, and/or user groups
We expect that winners of this scholarship may be interested in pursuing our accelerated CS1/CS2 course, pursuing summer research internships in our labs focused on Games and Graphics, Mobile Applications, Networks and Security, Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning, and/or exploring start-up activities in our pre-incubation entrepreneurial sandbox, ShiftKey Labs.
How to apply:
Applications are now closed.