Bachelor of Applied Computer Science
Value: $5000 with multiple awards each year
Program: Bachelor of Applied Computer Science in the Faculty of Computer Science
Eligibility: Entrance directly from high school
Information technology is transforming modern business, accelerating discovery in science, revolutionizing medicine, and expanding the reach of social enterprises. What an organization can achieve today often depends on their ability to use technology in new and innovative ways to transform how they operate and to empower their people.
Have you shown leadership in:
- Using technology to effect organizational or social change?
- Empowering a group of peers by using technology?
- Solving a problem for a group/organization using technology?
- Writing a business case for an IT project?
- Managing a software or development project?
- Figuring out how technology could help an organization do great things?
This first year entrance scholarship is available for high school students with a passion for leadership through technology, project organization, teamwork and software development.
Examples to demonstrate this passion might include:
- Development of a website or database for an organization
- Using social media to promote a cause
- Using social media to effect social change
- Leadership empowered by a command of technology
- Participation in groups working with technology
- Blogging on various topics in the ICT industry
- Teaching others how to solve problems using technology
How to apply:
Complete this application form
Applications are open until March 1st 2022