Wastewater Engineering Certificate Program (100% Online)
This certificate program is 100% online. It consists of three modules covering basic concepts, theory and state-of-the-art practice in the water sector of our environment. Completing this certificate will provide you with experience in using data acquisition and decision-making tools, problem solving skills, the ability to communicate with your co-workers and sufficient knowledge to move into the water sector with confidence
What You Will Learn
- About the technological challenges, tools and their use by the practitioner
- Where to look and whom to ask for information
- The concepts, review of relevant theory and focus on the State-of-the-Art Practice in the water sector of our environment
- The Water module which focuses on the fundamentals of water supply and use
- The fundamentals of managing wastewater addressed in the Wastewater module
- About treatment processes and their performance levels
- The impact of wastewater characteristics on selecting appropriate treatment options
- How to design and use a process selection matrix
- How to rank and select the preferred treatment solution
- About the Water Factory concept
- How the Water Re-Use module will challenge course participants in the exploration of Re-Use options, technologies and strategies of overcoming public acceptance barriers
- About imminent technology changes due to the impact of nano-technology.
Who Should Enroll
This certificate is intended for those who would like to learn about the water sector in Environmental Engineering in a condensed time frame from a practical point of view, and for those who would just like to communicate with personnel in the water sector. This certificate is designed to provide attendees with sufficient knowledge to move with confidence into the field of water, wastewater and water re-use. It is applicable to both technical and supervisory personnel. It is assumed that participants come from a setting where they can apply the new knowledge gained.
The online certificate consists of three modules. Live online sessions are every Tuesday, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). Dates TBA.
The fee for each module is $1195.00
Register and pay $3295 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $290! Register here to save.
It is highly recommended that participants the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the three modules, including all quizzes and final exams. This represents approximately 91 hours of training which includes online sessions, home study, assignments and examination preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each Module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
- Metcalf & Eddy Fourth Edition, Wastewater Engineering - Treatment and Resource Recovery
Note: This reference book is recommended/optional. The instructor will supply free references prior to the start of each session in case this reference book is not available to the student.
- Schmidtke, N.W. and Smith, D.W., editors. Scale-Up of Water and Wastewater Treatment Processes, Butterworth Publishers (Inc.), 1983.
Note: The instructor will supply to all students a free electronic version of this reference book.
Norbert W. Schmidtke, Ph.D., P.Eng., BCEE, is an internationally recognized process engineering specialist in the fields of wastewater reclamation and water treatment technology. He has diverse and extensive experience in environmental engineering, specializing in process-selection, -design, -application, -review and -trouble shooting. Norbert conducts due technical-diligence and -audits, develops experimental process protocols and provides data interpretation services. He is active in technology transfer through short courses, lectures, seminars, gives research advice, and serves as technical peer reviewer and judge, teacher, writer and technical editor.