Project Management Executive Awareness
Are you having problems completing initiatives on time, on budget and to the satisfaction of your internal or external customers?
Maturing your project management processes and your project governance practices has been directly linked to improving project cost and schedule performance as well as lowering the direct costs for project management.
In this senior-level workshop, you will discuss how to create processes and an environment for project success, the roles of the project manager and of your senior management.
Participants will gain insight into:
- Value a defined process for project management
- Value the practices of project governance including program and portfolio management
- What to expect from project managers
- How to create an environment for successful project management
- Role of project manager, project sponsor
- How to introduce project management into your organization
Who Should Attend
Project Management Executive Awareness is suitable for individuals who are:
- C-level Executives
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Partners and Senior Consultants
You will receive a slim course handout containing the presentation content.
What You Will Learn
Part 1 Project Management Awareness
Modern project management
Context of programs and portfolios
Organizing for projects
Some basic concepts
The “PM Body of Knowledge”
Design your organization’s PM Process
Types of Project Management Office
Part 2 Project Governance
The PM Process
Project portfolio management (identify, categorize, evaluate, select, prioritize, balance, authorize)
Stakeholders and roles