Each of our courses stand on their own. You should feel free to sign up for the course that interests you even if you do not want to commit to the entire certificate program.
Successful completion of any two courses within a concentration area, plus the Police Leadership and Management Development course (PLMD), will qualify the student for a Police Leadership certificate specializing in a concentration.
|Students are encouraged to work towards as many concentration certificates as they wish. Many amass an impressive list of Police Leadership concentration certificates, including the Advanced certificate.|
Most students begin with the Police Leadership and Management Development course as this lays a good foundation for the rest of the program.
- Advanced Police Leadership (pre-requisites apply)
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Police Services
- Child Soldiers and at-Risk Youth
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Communication Skills for Police Personnel
- Ethics for Police Leaders
- Legal Issues in Policing
- Police Leadership and Management Development
- Policing and the Law of Human Rights
- Policing the Modern Community: Dealing with Diversity and Difference (New Content)
- Strategic HR Management for Police Organizations
- Strategic Management through Evidence-Based Policing NEW!
- Understanding and Responding to Global and Domestic Terrorism: A Social Science Perspective