Mechanical Engineering for Non‑Mechanical Engineers Certificate Program
The Certificate in Mechanical Engineering for Non-Mechanical Engineers is a 100% online program. The course consists of four modules providing knowledge of practicing Mechanical engineers for non-Mechanical engineers. It includes not only the topics taught in universities to Mechanical engineers, but knowledge a working Mechanical engineer would gain in “experience” in the first few years of his/her career.
What you will learn
The course begins with an overview of Mechanical engineering fundamentals as well as the basic requirements for understating this course in Module I.
Subsequently, the course will embrace the most common applications of Mechanical Engineering in a practical level. Participants will learn basic Mechanical Engineering.
This course educates the participants how mechanical engineering tasks are performed and what input Mechanical engineers need in order to function.
Who should attend
This course is for any individual seeking better understanding of the theories, basic academic fundamental and practices of mechanical engineering and mechanical equipment or those who simply would like to refresh and enhance their understanding in the area of mechanical engineering.
The program is designed to provide attendees with sufficient knowledge to understand and interpret the concepts, designs, and practices in mechanical industries. It is applicable to anyone who’s dealing with mechanical technologies including technical, supervisory, and management personnel in design, operation, manufacturing, and support roles.
This online certificate consists of four modules. Live online sessions are every Wednesday, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Module I: Mechanical Engineering Basics
- Module II: Material, Machines, Fuel and Power
- Module III: Transportation, Building and Rotating Equipment
- Module IV: Manufacturing, Environment, Refrigeration, Cryogenics and Optics
The fee for each module is $1195 OR Register and pay $4400 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $380!
Please contact Chris Abraham at 902-494-8042 or 1-800-565-8867 for more information.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the four modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the four modules, including all quizzes and final examinations. This represents approximately 200 hours of training which includes online sessions, home study, assignments and examination preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65 percent for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75 percent in the program.
Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, Ali M. Sadegh & William M. Worek, 12th Edition by McGraw Hill Education. ISBN-13: 978-1259588501 ISBN-10: 1259588505 available through Amazon.
Amin Sabzevari P.Eng, CRM, is a Professional Engineer and Certified Carbon Reduction manager and co-founder of Aspen Technology Solutions Ltd in Calgary.
Amin has more than 20 years of engineering experience on three continents. He has successfully executed mechanical scopes of work in Different Energy projects.
He has a well-established foundation of knowledge on the interconnectivity between the engineering disciplines; demonstrated by:
- Building a multi-specialty team to cover the entirety of the mechanical engineering,
- Coordinating the efforts of a mechanical engineering team to facilitate the success of the process, structural, electrical, piping and instrumentation engineering disciplines,
- Managing the gamut of engineering disciplines to produce best-in-class equipment package documentation in multi-million dollar applications,
- Implementing a thorough vendor review process for documentation and communication to ensure a prompt, better than quorum resolution for issues.
He has extensive experience leading (maximum 40 engineers) a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team to coordinate the project specific and company requirements. He has been successful at this through:
- bringing quality, integration and consistency to the design,
- his strong belief in interdisciplinary communication and coordination for continuous improvement,
- his ability to facilitate the project mandate through maintaining project schedules, cost and man-hour budgets.
He is a course developer, trainer and public speaker; he has spoken in APEGA summits in Edmonton and Calgary. He is also a proactive member of Toastmaster International club.
He brings extensive knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, code, regulation and standard to the courses he develops and trains.