Members of the instructional team are seasoned professionals in the home inspection industry. They provide feedback and award marks/grades on assignments. They are dedicated professionals who are well versed to speak about the regional nuances in the profession.
Kevin has been part of the Carson Dunlop Home Inspection team since 2005. In September 2009, he opened his own home inspection business serving the Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Kevin’s extensive background includes:
- Graduate from the University of Waterloo with a degree in Mechanical Engineering
Member of OAHI (Ontario Association of Home Inspectors)
- National Certificate Holder through CAHPI (Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors)
- Hundreds of inspections performed since 2005
- Previous work experience in technical sales and managing all operations of a large automotive parts manufacturing plant
- Experienced in teaching home inspections courses online and through correspondence
- Loves houses (particularly older ones) and building science
- Has renovated and owns a 95 year old duplex
A graduate of the Loyalist College Inspection Program and the Carson Dunlop Field Training program, Adam has operated a full-time Home Inspection business since 2006. In addition to successfully operating his own business, Adam was Carson Dunlop’s first ever licensed inspector and works with Carson Dunlop in various capacities. Adam currently provides Home Inspection instruction to various local schools and Coaching to various business start-ups in the Toronto area.
- Graduate of Loyalist College Home Inspection Program
- Graduate of the Carson Dunlop Field Training Program
- Operates a full-service inspection company.
- Home Inspection Instructor and Field Trainer for various institutions and inspectors.
Stuart graduated McMaster University with a Bachelor’s degree in 1996 and obtained his Professional Engineer Designation later in 2000. After working for the Government of Canada, Atlantic Industries and Lockheed Martin, he decided a career shift was in order.
Starting with Humber College, Stuart enrolled in the Home Inspection program and was subsequently hired by Carson Dunlop as a full time Home inspector. Now out on his own with thousands of inspections under his belt, Stuart now passes on what he knows to students and clients alike.
Tom is a Registered Home Inspector in the Province of Ontario and holds a National Certificate in Canada. Since 1991, Tom has been living and breathing the home inspection industry. Having personally completed more than 6,500 inspections, Tom understands the technical as well as the personal side of the business. Tom also has considerable experience as a trainer, mentor and quality control expert with Carson Dunlop & Associates, the largest independent home inspection company in Canada.
With a background in Industrial Design and a fascination with buildings and their construction details, home inspection is a natural fit for Tom. He is a keen presenter and genuinely enjoys helping others learn.