Gas Turbines and Co‑generation Plants
Computer Simulation, Selection, Applications, Operation, Maintenance, Performance Monitoring, Power Augmentation, Economics, Profit Optimization, Revenue and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
This seminar will cover all aspects of gas turbines and co-generation plants. This seminar will cover in detail all the components of these types of plants such as: compressors, combustors, gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, lubricating systems, instrumentation, control systems, transformers, and generators. The design, selection considerations, operation, maintenance, pay-back period, economics of gas turbines and co-generation plants, as well as, emission limits, reliability, monitoring and governing systems are also covered in detail. This seminar will also provide up-dated information in respect to all the significant improvements that have been made to gas turbines and co-generation plants during the last two decades.
This seminar will illustrate through sophisticated computer simulation how gas turbines and co-generation plants perform under steady-state and transient conditions. In addition, the delegates will learn how to use the computer simulation program which provides the following benefits:
- Allow the operator to extend the gas turbine operating period by avoiding unnecessary outages and maintenance activities.
- Determination of essential gas turbine maintenance activities to reduce the duration of outages.
- Profit optimization of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
- Minimization of the environmental emissions of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
Who should attend
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance personnel
- Other technical individuals
Benefits to participants
- Computer Simulation of Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants: Gain a thorough understanding of computer simulation of gas turbines, and co-generation plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Components and Systems: Learn about all components and subsystems of the various types of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Economics: Examine the advantages, applications, performance and economics of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plant Equipment: Learn about various gas turbine and co-generation plant equipment including: compressors, combustors, turbines, governing systems, heat recovery steam generators, transformers, generators and auxiliaries.
- Gas Turbine and Co-generation Plant Maintenance: Learn all the maintenance activities required for gas turbines, co-generation plants, transformers, and generators to minimize their operating cost and maximize their efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Environmental Emissions: Learn about the monitoring and control of environmental emissions from gas turbines and co-generation plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Instrumentation and Control Systems: Learn about the latest instrumentation and control systems of gas turbines and cogeneration plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Reliability and Testing: Increase your knowledge of gas turbine and cogeneration plants predictive and preventive maintenance, reliability and testing.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants Selection and Applications: Gain a detailed understanding of the selection considerations and applications of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
- Gas Turbine and Co-Generation Plants: Learn about the reliability, life cycle cost, profitability, refurbishment, and life extension methods for all types of gas turbines and co-generation plants.
The instructor relies on a highly interactive training method to enhance the learning process. This method ensures that all the delegates gain a complete understanding of all the topics covered. The training environment is highly stimulating, challenging, and effective because the participants will learn by case studies which will allow them to apply the material taught to their own organization.
Each participant will receive a copy of the following materials written by the instructor:
- Practical Manual (300 pages)
Day 1 – Steam Generators, Turbines, Co-Generation Plants, Gas Turbines, Turbine Governing Systems, Compressor Stall and Surge
- Review of Thermodynamics Principles
- Steam Generators
- Efficiency and Heat Rates
- Co-generation Plants
- Arrangement of Co-generation plants
- Economics of Co-generation Plants
- The Steam Drum
- Superheaters and Reheaters
- Once-Through Boilers
- The Stack
- Steam Generator Control
- Feedwater and Drum-Level Control
- Steam-Pressure Control
- Steam-Temperature Control
- Turbine components
- Rotating and Stationary blades
- Thrust bearings
- Labyrinth seals
- Turbine controls
- Testing of Turbine blades
- Quality Assurance of Turbine Generator Components
- Assembly and testing of turbine components
- Turbine Control Systems
- Steam Generators, Heat Exchangers, and Condensers
- Power Station Performance Monitoring
- The Turbine Governing Systems
- Turbine Protective Devices
- Turbine Instrumentation
- Lubrication Systems
- Gland Sealing System
- Frequently Asked Questions about Turbine-Generator Balancing, Vibration Analysis and Maintenance
- Gas Turbine Fundamentals
- Overview of Gas Turbines
- Gas Turbine Design
- Gas Turbine Calculations
- Gas Turbine Applications in Power Stations, Gas Turbine Protective Systems, and Tests
- Gas Turbine Compressors
- Dynamic Compressors Technology
- Compressors Auxiliaries, Off-Design Performance, Stall, and Surge
- Centrifugal Compressors – Components, Performance Characteristics, Balancing, Surge Prevention Systems, and Testing
- Dynamic Compressors Performance
- Compressor Seal Systems
- Dry Seals, Advanced Sealing Mechanisms, and Magnetic Bearings
Day 2 – Gas Turbine Components and Auxiliaries, and Computer Simulation of Gas Turbines
- Gas Turbine Combustors
- Axial-Flow Turbines
- Gas Turbine Materials
- Gas Turbine Lubrication and Fuel Systems
- Gas Turbine Bearing and Seals
- Gas Turbine Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Gas Turbine Performance Characteristics
- Gas Turbine Operating and Maintenance Considerations
- Gas Turbine Emission Guidelines and Control Systems
- Effects of ambient temperature and pressure on gas turbine performance
- Simulation of effects of component deterioration on engine performance
- Power Augmentation
- Simulation of engine control system performance
- Profits, Revenue and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Non-Dimensional Analysis
- Computer Simulation Applications
- Computer Simulation of Gas Turbines and Combined Cycles – Exercises and Solutions
Day 3 – Co-generation Plants, Power Enhancement Options, Transformers and Generators
- Absorption Chillers
- Selection of The Best Power Enhancement Option for Co-generation plants
- Applications of Co-generation Plants
- Selection Considerations of Co-generation Plants
- Co-generation Application Considerations
- University of Toronto Central Steam, Co-generation and District Heating Plant
- Economics of Combined Cycles Co-generation Plants
- Fundamentals of Electric Systems
- Introduction to Machinery Principles
- Transformers Components and Maintenance
- AC Machine Fundamentals
- Synchronous Generators
- Generator Components, Auxiliaries, and Excitation
- Generator Testing, Inspection, and Maintenance
- Multiple-Choice Questions