Construction Management Certificate Program (100% Online)
This certificate is a 100% online program. It consists of three modules covering an introduction to the management of construction projects. It will include: types of construction contracts, project planning and scheduling, controlling of time, cost and quality, quality assurance and quality control of projects, communication management, risk management, resource allocations, procurement management, project closing, and Health and Safety Act and labour relations.
What you will learn
- Introduction to project management as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Project domains
- Project management knowledge areas
- Integration of project management tools
- Health & Safety regulations and labour relations
Who should attend
This course targets professionals who are already in the construction management field or are interested in developing skills in that area.
This online certificate consists of three modules. Live online sessions are every Thursday, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Module I: Construction Industry & Practice / Professional Construction Management in Practice (8 weeks)
- Module II: Methods in Project Management (7 weeks)
- Module III: Project Closing and Integration and the Importance of Lessons Learned (8 weeks)
The fee for each module is $1195.00 OR Register and pay $3295 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $290! Please contact Chris Abraham at 902-494-8042 or 1-800-565-8867 for more information.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the three modules, including all quizzes and final exams. This represents approximately 80 hours of training which includes online sessions, home study, assignments and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
- Professional Construction Management including: CM , Design-Construct and General Contracting, by: Donald S. Barrie and Boyd C. Paulson, 3rd edition, McGraw Hill Education. ISBN-13: 978-0070038899, ISBN-10: 0070038899. Available through Amazon.
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK Guide), Sixth Edition, by PMI.
- PMP Exam Prep: Accelerated Learning to Pass PMIs PMP Exam, 8th Edition, Rita Mulcahy et al., RMC Inc.
Both available through Amazon.
Eman H. Al-Ali, PMP, LEED AP BD&C, EIT, a registered engineer in training with over 25 years of experience in the field of civil engineering. She is passionate about learning and help others’ learning as engineering science evolves. Being one of the top 10 graduate students in civil engineering, she was offered a position at a University as a Laboratory Engineer to teach and train different civil engineering lab materials. This position helped her gain the necessary training to establish the first personal computer laboratory at the same school. She also held a position of structural engineer on site which helped her gain the experience in quality control and quality assurance that led her get involved in the project management field. She, as a design manager, completed many successful projects and was certified as Project Management Professional (PMP). She also got her LEED AP in building design and construction (LEED AP BD&C) to manage green building projects.