Certified Business Analysis Preparation (CBAP)
Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) designation is increasingly recognized as the benchmark for personnel in a business analysis role. If you are preparing for the CBAP® examination, you should attend our intense preparation course.
This course is an intense, in-depth “crash” review of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) v2 meant to augment your practical knowledge and experience and prepare you to write CBAP® exam with full confidence. This 5-day CBAP® Prep course not only covers the tasks and techniques from each knowledge area of the BABOK® but also provides practical experience writing the exam with almost 300 questions completed during the 5 days. In addition, you will receive Procept’s CBAP® Preparation Guide with more than 400 exam questions, references to the BABOK®, and comments from Business Analysts with years of experience applying the concepts in a variety of industries and organizations.
PLEASE NOTE: There is homework that participants will be expected to complete on their own time before the end of the course.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Align your own skills and experience with the CBAP® application requirements to produce a complete and accurate application package.
- Articulate the principles, activities, tasks and techniques described in the six knowledge areas within the BABOK®.
- Discuss the structure of the BABOK®.
- Apply tasks and techniques from all 6 knowledge areas to business scenarios.
- Assess your ability to pass the CBAP® exam based on completed practice question.
- Demonstrate understanding of where you should focus your independent study (by analyzing which knowledge areas the learner was not proficient in when writing the sample tests).
Who Should Attend
The CBAP® Preparation is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Individuals who are preparing to write the CBAP® examination within the next 6 months.
- Individuals looking for intense, indepth “crash” review of the BABOK® to augment their practical knowledge and experience to write the CBAP® exam.
- Individuals must meet the IIBA®’s application requirements to sit for the CBAP® exam including work experience, areas of expertise, education and professional development, and references.
- Individuals must satisfy all the CBAP® registration requirements including education, work experience, expertise in the knowledge areas and references.
- Individuals must review the BABOK® prior to class starting as some of the exercises assume prior knowledge of the BABOK®.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises, and suggested solutions. You will also receive a copy of Procept’s CBAP® Preparation Guide containing practice questions. Please bring a copy of the BABOK®.
What You Will Learn
- Completing an application form
- Certification process
- About the BABOK®
- Structure of information in each Knowledge Area
- Differences between Business Analysis and Project Management
- Project and Solution Scope
- Types of Requirements
- Underlying Competencies
- Definitions and effectiveness measures of each
- Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria Definition
- Business Rules Analysis
- Data Dictionary and Glossary
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Data Modeling
- Focus Groups
- Functional Decomposition
- Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Non-functional Requirements Analysis
- Organization Modeling
- Process Modeling
- Risk Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Scenarios and Use Cases
- Scope Modeling
- Sequence Diagrams
- State Diagrams
- Structured Walkthrough
- SWOT Analysis
- User Stories
- Vendor Assessment
Planning and Monitoring Knowledge
- Planning the approaching and BA activities
- Stakeholder analysis and communication
- Plan management process
- Manage performance
Management and Communication
- Managing Solution Scope
- Requirements Reuse
- Requirements Reuse
- Requirements Packages
Enterprise Analysis Knowledge
- Defining the business need
- Capability gaps
- Solution Approach
- Business Case
Requirements Elicitation Knowledge
- Preparing for, conducting and documenting elicitation and elicitation output
Requirements Analysis Knowledge
- Modelling requirements
- Verifying and validating requirements
Solution Selection and Validation
- Assessing the solution
- Determining organizational readiness
- Documenting transitional requirements
- Validating and evaluating the solution