News» Go to news main
Our Condolencies for the Family of Dr. Margaret Kathleen Dechman
It is with great sadness that we note the passing of Dr. Margaret Dechman, an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Cape Breton. After 25 years in the academic and public sector, Margie returned to Dalhousie to complete a doctorate in our new PhD program. n 2008, she was the second recipient of a PhD in the history of the Department. Margie was a warm, thoughtful person, who combined her deep concern for the victims of social inequality with a positive outlook. Her preoccupations were clear in her doctoral dissertation, “The Narrowing Path: A Multidimensional Life Course Analysis of Processes of Exclusion”. Our condolences to her family. For information see https://tjtracey.com/tribute/details/1335/Dr-Margaret-Dechman/obituary.html#tribute-start
- Hannah Shaw, Sociology BA Hons. Shares about her Journey to Dalhousie
- Dr. Afua Cooper Hosts an Emancipation and Liberation Event
- Dr. Michael Halpin Interviewed by Luke Kenton at The Sun (UK) on Incels
- Dr. Christopher Helland on Poko Ponders: What is Sacred?
- Dr. Liz Fitting Interviewed by Portia Clark on CBC's Information Morning
- Your anticipated wait time is unknown: How do those with precarious legal status access the COVID‑19 vaccine?
- Dr. Michael Halpin interviewed by the Halifax Examiner about his research in incels
- Dr. Michael Halpin in The Conversation and Poko Ponders