News» Go to news main
Sociology professor Emma Whelan featured in Episode Three of Open Dialogue Live
Staying up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 information is important, but it can also be overwhelming. There’s also the challenge of parsing the “boring truth” from the “exciting lie”. Episode three of Open Dialogue Live will help make sense of the misinformation landscape.
Sociology professor and “knowledge expert” Emma Whelan will discuss trends in in Canadian news coverage with a focus on the themes of moral authority/regulation, risk and responsibility.
- Congratulations to Betty Chukwu, MA and Hannah Shaw, BA Hons 2021 Outstanding Graduating Sociology Students
- Congratulations To Alastair Parsons, MA and Lizzie James BA Outstanding Graduating Anthropology Student Awards 2021
- Dr. Anne Spice (SOAN MA) Opinion Op Ed in the Globe and Mail
- Rebecca Thomas (BA SOAN and MA SOAN) a finalist for a Governor General's Literary Award
- Sociology PhD Candidate, Rachel McLay, discusses Atlantic Canada and COVID19
- Dr. Afua Cooper to lead a $1,031,565 project announced by Honourable Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Canadian Heritage
- Dr. Afua Cooper in activehistory.ca
- Dr. Afua Cooper Bringing Black Studies to Dalhousie an Uphill Battle