News» Go to news main
Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
Dr. Martha Radice explains in Avenues.ca that AirBnB has had a significant impact on neighbourhoods in New Orleans where whole blocks are sometimes nearly all AirBnB apartments, taking away affordable housing for New Orleans residents. She also discusses how the popularity of AirBnB mirrors the paradox of tourism - that tourists end up transforming the very character of the place they visit, which was the reason they went in the first place. Avenues.ca, is an independent media site funded by FADOQ, a seniors' organization in Quebec with more than 500,000 members.
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race