News» Go to news main
LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
SOSA anthropologist Dr. Liesl Gambold has been exploring housing options for LGBTQ seniors as part of her research on how people's lives change as they retire. She coorganized a workshop on LGBTQ housing with Dr. Jacqueline Gahagan (Health Promotion), with experts from around the world, including a public panel today at Halifax Central Library. They were also interviewed about the issue in The Star Halifax.
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime