News» Go to news main
Dal sociologist's impressive impact
SOSA sociologist Dr. Howard Ramos was awarded a President's Research Excellence Award for Research Impact at the Dalhousie Legacy Awards gala on June 20. Our outstanding colleague's citation read:
"Dr. Howard Ramos is known on campus and beyond as an outstanding scholar and sociologist, possessing a broad range of research interests and a commitment to the knowledge transformation and mobilization necessary to effect real world impact. Specifically, his research on equity, immigration and settlement, Indigeneity and political resistance have contributed to greater understandings of equity, particularly at Canadian universities. Beyond such stellar accomplishments, his reach extends to the public realm through numerous media contributions, including media interview and the frequent authoring of op-eds and magazine articles for regional and national audiences. Whether with peers or the general public, he is not afraid to engage in the conversations society needs."
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime