Congratulations to SOSA sociologist Dr. Howard Ramos, who has been awarded, along with his co-author Rochelle Wijesingha, a PhD candidate in sociology at McMaster University, the Edward F. Sheffield Award for their article “Human Capital or Cultural Taxation: What Accounts for Differences in Tenure and Promotion of Racialized and Female Faculty?”
The award was named in honour of Ted Sheffield, the first Professor of Higher Education in Canada (University of Toronto), and founding President of the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education. It recognizes the best research article published in the Canadian Journal of Higher Education in the preceding year.
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race