News» Go to news main
SOSA students win prestigious scholarships
Students in Sociology and Social Anthropology are winning scholarships to fund their graduate studies.
Emma Kay, MA Sociology 2017 and current PhD Sociology student, has won a SSHRC doctoral scholarship to carry on her research under Dr. Howard Ramos's supervision. Emma is investigating government funding of women's organizations in Canada.
Alastair Parsons, BA Hons Social Anthropology 2018, has won a SSHRC master's scholarship and a Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship for his MA in Social Anthropology at Dalhousie, which he will begin in Fall 2018.
Jenny Davison, an incoming MA student in Social Anthropology, has won a SSHRC scholarship, a Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship and a Killam scholarship to support her studies in the department beginning this Fall.
Last but not least, Amy Donovan, BA Hons Social Anthropology 2012 and MA Social Anthropology 2014, has been awarded a SSHRC Bombardier Graduate Scholarship to pursue a PhD in Anthropology at McGill University, starting this Fall.
- Writers Federation of Nova Scotia honours Dr. Afua Cooper
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award