News» Go to news main
SOSA students win prestigious scholarships
Students in Sociology and Social Anthropology are winning scholarships to fund their graduate studies.
Emma Kay, MA Sociology 2017 and current PhD Sociology student, has won a SSHRC doctoral scholarship to carry on her research under Dr. Howard Ramos's supervision. Emma is investigating government funding of women's organizations in Canada.
Alastair Parsons, BA Hons Social Anthropology 2018, has won a SSHRC master's scholarship and a Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship for his MA in Social Anthropology at Dalhousie, which he will begin in Fall 2018.
Jenny Davison, an incoming MA student in Social Anthropology, has won a SSHRC scholarship, a Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarship and a Killam scholarship to support her studies in the department beginning this Fall.
Last but not least, Amy Donovan, BA Hons Social Anthropology 2012 and MA Social Anthropology 2014, has been awarded a SSHRC Bombardier Graduate Scholarship to pursue a PhD in Anthropology at McGill University, starting this Fall.
- Congratulations to Betty Chukwu, MA and Hannah Shaw, BA Hons 2021 Outstanding Graduating Sociology Students
- Congratulations To Alastair Parsons, MA and Lizzie James BA Outstanding Graduating Anthropology Student Awards 2021
- Dr. Anne Spice (SOAN MA) Opinion Op Ed in the Globe and Mail
- Rebecca Thomas (BA SOAN and MA SOAN) a finalist for a Governor General's Literary Award
- Sociology PhD Candidate, Rachel McLay, discusses Atlantic Canada and COVID19
- Dr. Afua Cooper to lead a $1,031,565 project announced by Honourable Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Canadian Heritage
- Dr. Afua Cooper in activehistory.ca
- Dr. Afua Cooper Bringing Black Studies to Dalhousie an Uphill Battle