News» Go to news main
Congratulations, Dr. Armstrong!
Paul Armstrong successfully defended his PhD in Sociology on Friday May 4. His thesis, The Intellectual Genealogy of the Antigonish Movement, contributes not only to our understanding of a socially significant and compelling part of Nova Scotian history, but also interrogates the idea of 'civil society' and concepts that counterbalance it.
Dr. Armstrong's examining committee included Dr. Neil McLaughlin from McMaster University, Dr. Shirley Tillotson, professor emeritus in History at Dalhousie, and Dr. Howard Ramos in SOSA, as well as his supervisor, SOSA professor emeritus Dr. Richard Apostle.
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact
- A SOSA Dalhousie Original
- Heading to Tijuana