News» Go to news main
SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
Congratulations to SOSA major Qi Chen, who was awarded this year's Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize for her paper 'More than a GDP booster'. The paper addresses the economic contributions of international students to the societies in which they study, and was originally written for a class with Dr. Karen Foster.
The Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize of $4000 is awarded annually to an essay that speaks to matters that stimulate the study of the constituent parts of the British Commonwealth. Read more about the FASS Essay prizes here.
- SOSA students win prestigious scholarships
- Congratulations, Dr. Armstrong!
- SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
- Halifax's new Poet Laureate is SOSA prof
- Indigenous and vegan
- Privacy in peril
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation