News» Go to news main
SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
Congratulations to SOSA major Qi Chen, who was awarded this year's Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize for her paper 'More than a GDP booster'. The paper addresses the economic contributions of international students to the societies in which they study, and was originally written for a class with Dr. Karen Foster.
The Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize of $4000 is awarded annually to an essay that speaks to matters that stimulate the study of the constituent parts of the British Commonwealth. Read more about the FASS Essay prizes here.
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact