News» Go to news main
SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
Congratulations to SOSA major Qi Chen, who was awarded this year's Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize for her paper 'More than a GDP booster'. The paper addresses the economic contributions of international students to the societies in which they study, and was originally written for a class with Dr. Karen Foster.
The Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize of $4000 is awarded annually to an essay that speaks to matters that stimulate the study of the constituent parts of the British Commonwealth. Read more about the FASS Essay prizes here.
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race