News» Go to news main
Graduate student kudos
Dr. Catherine Bryan, who graduated with a PhD in Social Anthropology last fall, has been awarded the Dalhousie Doctoral Thesis Award, which recognizes the best thesis submitted by Doctoral students in the 2017 calendar year. The department also submitted her name as our outstanding PhD graduate in Anthropology to CASCA for 2017-2018.
Kudos to our current MA students, Caitlin Stonham (Social Anthropology) and Rachel McLay (Sociology) for winning CGS-SSHRC scholarships for their MA research.
We would also like to congratulate two recent SOSA MA graduates, Justine Correia and Max Stick. Justine has been chosen to be Dalhousie's outstanding MA graduate in Anthropology for this year's Canadian Anthropology Society awards (CASCA) and Max was chosen as our outstanding MA graduate in Sociology for the Canadian Sociological Association (CSA) this year.
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact
- A SOSA Dalhousie Original
- Heading to Tijuana