News» Go to news main
Graduate student kudos
Dr. Catherine Bryan, who graduated with a PhD in Social Anthropology last fall, has been awarded the Dalhousie Doctoral Thesis Award, which recognizes the best thesis submitted by Doctoral students in the 2017 calendar year. The department also submitted her name as our outstanding PhD graduate in Anthropology to CASCA for 2017-2018.
Kudos to our current MA students, Caitlin Stonham (Social Anthropology) and Rachel McLay (Sociology) for winning CGS-SSHRC scholarships for their MA research.
We would also like to congratulate two recent SOSA MA graduates, Justine Correia and Max Stick. Justine has been chosen to be Dalhousie's outstanding MA graduate in Anthropology for this year's Canadian Anthropology Society awards (CASCA) and Max was chosen as our outstanding MA graduate in Sociology for the Canadian Sociological Association (CSA) this year.
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race