News» Go to news main
Professor sets premier straight on minimum wage
As reported by the CBC, SOSA Sociologist Dr. Karen Foster cited social science evidence as she refuted Premier Stephen McNeil's views on the minimum wage. Premier McNeil has claimed that raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour would lead to fewer jobs or fewer hours for workers. Not true, says Foster; studies show that when the minimum wage is raised, "People don't lose their jobs en masse, they don't see their hours cut en masse."
- Indigenous and vegan
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation
- From Dal to UNB, Honours students present
- Graduate student kudos
- SOSA scholarship showcased
- Haligonians not so resistant to change
- Professor sets premier straight on minimum wage