News» Go to news main
Hard‑hitting headlines from Dr. Foster
Dr. Karen Foster, SOSA's Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Rural Futures for Atlantic Canada has not just been making the news lately - she's been writing it.
Her two piercing op-ed pieces argue that we need to change the way we frame debates about Nova Scotia's potential for prosperity.
In 'Rural N.S. needs ethical, ecologically literate economics' (Feb 27, 2018), Dr. Foster, Robert Cervelli and Gregory Heming argue that investing in and prioritizing local economies is the best way to keep rural communities thriving.
These editorials draw on Dr. Foster's ongoing research on rural Atlantic Canada, including one collaborative project with the Annapolis Royal-based Centre for Local Prosperity.
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact
- A SOSA Dalhousie Original