News» Go to news main
Hard‑hitting headlines from Dr. Foster
Dr. Karen Foster, SOSA's Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Rural Futures for Atlantic Canada has not just been making the news lately - she's been writing it.
Her two piercing op-ed pieces argue that we need to change the way we frame debates about Nova Scotia's potential for prosperity.
In 'Rural N.S. needs ethical, ecologically literate economics' (Feb 27, 2018), Dr. Foster, Robert Cervelli and Gregory Heming argue that investing in and prioritizing local economies is the best way to keep rural communities thriving.
These editorials draw on Dr. Foster's ongoing research on rural Atlantic Canada, including one collaborative project with the Annapolis Royal-based Centre for Local Prosperity.
- Prestigious CONACYT (Mexican National Council of Science and Technology) award for Social Anthropology Candidate Zoe Etni Castell Roldán
- Dr. Margaret Robinson's Article in Dalnews
- SOSA Prof. Timothy Bryan on police violence, race and racism
- Hailie Tattrie, MA Featured in Dal News
- MA Student Stef Peel Featured in Dal News Grad Profile Storytelling
- Sociology professor Emma Whelan featured in Episode Three of Open Dialogue Live
- Dr. Afua Cooper Featured in University of Toronto Magazine
- Prizewinning essay shows how play can help us be good