News» Go to news main
Hard‑hitting headlines from Dr. Foster
Dr. Karen Foster, SOSA's Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Rural Futures for Atlantic Canada has not just been making the news lately - she's been writing it.
Her two piercing op-ed pieces argue that we need to change the way we frame debates about Nova Scotia's potential for prosperity.
In 'Rural N.S. needs ethical, ecologically literate economics' (Feb 27, 2018), Dr. Foster, Robert Cervelli and Gregory Heming argue that investing in and prioritizing local economies is the best way to keep rural communities thriving.
These editorials draw on Dr. Foster's ongoing research on rural Atlantic Canada, including one collaborative project with the Annapolis Royal-based Centre for Local Prosperity.
- Singing the ancestors
- Hard‑hitting headlines from Dr. Foster
- Dr. Afua Cooper among the Black Canadian women recognized by PM
- Sociology MA student wins the Linda Marie Gillingwater Rainsberry Graduate Bursary
- Nova Scotia holds back the tide of viral media pranks
- Talking dinosaurs in Toronto
- Keeping the accent on anthropology
- Globally brilliant