SOSA sociologist Dr. Karen Foster is one of the five winners of the International Sociological Association's Seventh Worldwide Competition for Junior Sociologists. Awarded for her outstanding paper on 'The Ethics of Work and Consumption in Rural Atlantic Canada,' the prize covers ISA membership and conference participation at its congress to be held in Toronto in July 2018. Congratulations, Karen!
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race