News» Go to news main
SOSA professors bust the equity myth
University Affairs recently featured research presented in The Equity Myth by Dr. Howard Ramos and colleagues from across Canada. The book shows that despite efforts to promote equity in universities racialized faculty members are still under-represented and face a number of barriers.
The article also reports on the 'Black Professors Matter' panel held at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, in which SOSA professor and James R. Johnston Chair in Black Canadian Studies Dr. Afua Cooper participated. The panel interrogated inequalities that structure Canadian academia, reproducing the marginalisation of women, Indigenous, Black, racialized, queer and trans scholars.
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact
- A SOSA Dalhousie Original
- Heading to Tijuana