News» Go to news main
Power and privilege at the university
Sociology PhD student Hannah Main published an op-ed piece featured in Halifax weekly The Coast explaining Dalhousie University's long history of excluding people who are not in power from its hallowed halls. "[I]nstitutional discrimination is insidious. It needs to be rooted out through deep institutional change. To give others power, we must give up our power. This is never a comfortable process," Hannah writes.
- Power and privilege at the university
- SOSA in the House! (of Commons)
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR