News» Go to news main
Power and privilege at the university
Sociology PhD student Hannah Main published an op-ed piece featured in Halifax weekly The Coast explaining Dalhousie University's long history of excluding people who are not in power from its hallowed halls. "[I]nstitutional discrimination is insidious. It needs to be rooted out through deep institutional change. To give others power, we must give up our power. This is never a comfortable process," Hannah writes.
- SOSA students win prestigious scholarships
- Congratulations, Dr. Armstrong!
- SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
- Halifax's new Poet Laureate is SOSA prof
- Indigenous and vegan
- Privacy in peril
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation