News» Go to news main
SOSA in the House! (of Commons)
To stem population loss in Atlantic Canada, the federal government introduced the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. Dalhousie Sociology and Social Anthropology professors Dr Yoko Yoshida and Dr Howard Ramos were invited as expert witnesses to a House of Commons committee looking into immigration to the region. They advocated for more attention to family immigration and thinking outside the box when it comes to immigrant retention. You can see what they had to say here (from about 14 mins 50 sec).
- Power and privilege at the university
- SOSA in the House! (of Commons)
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR